Warranty Administrator, Homebuilding
Ameritex Homes, DFW
All candidates MUST complete a culture index survey for your application to be reviewed. Please look for an immediate follow-up email to complete the survey.*
*Any communication about this job will come to you via email@example.com. Please add to your contacts and open all emails from this email domain.
The Warranty Administrator will process warranty claims and assist homeowners through the entire claims process. Your responsibilities include collecting data from homeowners and trade partners to properly access the claim and apply against warranty standards. This responsibility will require you to review submissions and accept or reject claims objectively. The administrator will then communicate with all parties to see the claim through to completion within the set standards of execution. This position is office-based at the Dallas home-office.
- Response - Address claim within 8 business hours of submittal. Request additional information when needed. Schedule immediate repairs for emergency major mechanical warranty claims. Have verified non-emergency warranty claims completed in 7-10 business days.
- Review - Determine if the claim is accepted or rejected based on the warranty standards. Documentation of standard within warranty manual that applies to warranty claim. Research each home’s original trade partners and contractual scope parameters.
- Coordinate - Coordinate information to trade partners and homeowners/managers/residents to schedule repairs. Follow up on all claims at all stages to assure progression to completion of claim.
- Collaborate - Create clear and concise service orders for trade partners. Communicate with trade partners to schedule work with all applicable information. Obtain quotes for warranty work that is outside of original trade partnerships scope of work. Manage repairs at homes from beginning to completion. Communicate with all parties the status of claims.
- Documentation - Keep documentation of all interactions with homeowners/managers/residents and trade partners. Negotiate, submit, and approve payment requests for warranty work outside of original scope of work. Maintain the status of all assigned warranty claims for clear communication within the team. Identification of current trends or recurring issues to address and improve the building processes.
- Communication - Communicate with homeowners, trade partners, and colleagues. Always be professional and courteous. Ability to deescalate situations and find resolutions. Maintain positive functioning business relationships with homeowners and trade partners. Communicate with all parties with a sense of urgency to each item.
- Basic knowledge of residential construction standards, practices, and terminology
- Understanding of Brix / Buildpro operating system beneficial
- Knowledge of homeowner’s maintenance
- Knowledge of the Warranty offered and its standards
Skills and Abilities
- Calm demeanor
- Active listening
- Time management
- Critical thinking
- Oral comprehension
- Written comprehension
- Problem solving
- Strong organizational skills, including planning, scheduling, and follow-up capabilities
- Effective communication
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to show empathy
- Operate with sense of urgency, with ability to instill a sense of urgency in others
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience in lieu of degree may be accepted
- 2 years minimum customer service experience (industry-related is preferred)