All candidates MUST complete a culture index survey for your application to be reviewed. Please look for an immediate follow-up email* to complete the survey.
*Any communication about this job will come to you via email@example.com. Please add to your contacts and open all emails from this email domain.
The CAD Designer is a full-time position and is responsible for designing plot plans and plat plans with some modifications to house plans. This position will report to the Civil Manager.
- Attend regular development meetings
- Address limitations of technologies and materials involved in the AutoCAD process
- Use city zoning requirements to design a site plan based on survey’s data
- Work with land development in order to create plat maps indicating proposed plans
- Modify house plans to fit city specific requirements
- Work with the architect and within the organization to design cost effective yet beautiful housing
- Keep up to date on all modern advancement in material and software technologies
- Pursue ongoing education in the field
- Utilize large databases of material property information to best select materials for modeling
- Minimum 2-year degree in related field (preferred)
- Bachelor's or Certifications (preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience utilizing AutoCAD software
- Minimum 2 years working in a professional environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An abundance of patience to see a complicated project to the end
- Ability to think in a three-dimensional manner
- Comfortable with sitting for long periods of time