Building in San Antonio and surrounding areas
We pay up to $1,000 per completed home!! This position offers vehicle and phone allowances. All candidates MUST complete a culture index survey for your application to be reviewed. Please look for an immediate follow-up email* to complete the survey.
*Any communication about this job will come to you via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add to your contacts and open all emails from this email domain.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction related activities on the project
- Manage materials and coordinate the scheduling of trades
- Direct & monitor the progress of variety of projects
- Oversee the scheduling, delivery & use of materials, the quality of construction worker productivity & compliance with building/safety codes
- Enforce safe work habits and observe OSHA and other local regulations
Maintain, Schedule and Track
- Keep positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other field personnel.
- Prepare and maintain construction schedules, problem solve any discrepancy that may develop.
- Schedule all appropriate trades and building inspectors. Modify and update existing schedules should delays occur.
- Keep job logs for daily activities, safety, LEED or Build it Green guidelines and special inspections for insurance related requirements.
- The planning, scheduling, implementation & coordination of quality built homes from development through final construction on a timely basis within the provided budgeted by the Purchasing Dept.
- Maintain safe, clean and compliant job-sites.
- Track & control construction costs against the budget in order to avoid cost over-runs,
- Schedule and manage subcontractors and subcontractor relationships in order to build homes and close punctually.
- Schedule and obtain necessary building inspections as required.
- Maintain clean and safe jobsites and make contractors responsible for daily clean-up.
- Promote company relationships with homebuyers.
- Promote job safety and encourage safe working practices with all employees and trade contractors.
- A good listener and able to be helpful in conflict resolutions between employees, other trade contractors, material suppliers and any other agencies should it be required.
- Involvement on managerial oversight of homes.
- Working closely with the estimating/purchasing manager to select trades and create a personal preferred supplier and subcontractor database.
- Capacity to handle the construction on 15-20 homes at different stages of construction
- Coordinate homebuilding activities from building permit to homeowner orientation (walk-through) on multiple homes at a time in multiple neighborhoods.
- Consistently build homes on time, on budget, with attention to detail and high level of quality.
- Conduct job ready / job complete checklists for each phase of work, on each home to assure orderly and complete progress of work before any work is approved for payment.
- Ensure that homes are built with selected options and upgrades.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationship with city officials and inspectors to obtain all approvals for certificate of occupancy.
- Inspect each completed home prior to homeowner orientation (walk-through) to make sure it is complete, clean and meets Winchester Carlisle Companies standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Current working knowledge of building codes
- PC and software literate
- Conversational Spanish
- Knowledge of construction practices and terminology
- Knowledge and ability to read blue prints
- Knowledge of labor budgets, calculation, and draw breakdown
- Knowledge in basic accounting, budget estimates, scheduling and accountable for identifying and aligning all required resources to execute construction related activates
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in lieu of degree may be accepted
- 5 year minimum of homebuilding experience as a construction manager/builder