Purchasing Manager, Homebuilding
Ameritex Homes, DFW
All candidates MUST complete a culture index survey for your application to be reviewed. Please look for an immediate follow-up email to complete the survey.*
*Any communication about this job will come to you via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add to your contacts and open all emails from this email domain.
- Review plans, new community and model decisions, presentation plans, website information, etc.
- Adhere to operating procedure for all purchasing and ensure compliance and integrity company-wide.
- Manage purchasing activity for all trades of assigned communities
- Solicit bids from qualified vendors/ subcontractor consistent with the project requirements
- Organize and analyze cost information/bids to support good decision making.
- Negotiate the most competitive pricing available for standards and options.
- Research and identify new vendors to bid and/or provide new products and services
- Seek out new Subcontractors and establish relationships.
- Perform detailed analysis of option profitability and make adjustments to meet company targets
- Create, compile and maintain an organized and accurate cost database
- Review spending variances and engage in improvement efforts
- Execute strong cost controls and reporting
- Visit the field to observe execution and get feedback
- Prepare and distribute all onsite bid sheets and packages, including latest architectural plans, consultant reports, cover letter with bid due date, standard trade requirements, list of options, specific trade requirements, and sequence sheet
- Obtain written bids for all quotations including production, bid concessions, model home discounts, and sales complex upgrades.
- Manage and issue Change Orders per the direction of the Director of Purchasing.
- Support Field Superintendents and Customer Service to resolve issues with products or scheduling issues.
- Provide professional, helpful and courteous interaction with all Trade Partners, Field Superintendents and Purchasing personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience in Homebuilding or Construction related Purchasing is preferred.
- Experience with purchasing software required
- Must have knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
Skills and Abilities
- Extremely well organized, able to multi-task and prioritize
- Attention to detail and persistence in follow-up
- Strong sourcing and supply chain skills
- Strong numeric and estimating skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or other related field; experience in lieu of degree may be accepted
- 4 years purchasing experience required
- Experience in home building