Director of Land & Multi-Family Development
Ameritex Homes, DFW area
All candidates MUST complete a culture index survey for your application to be reviewed. Please look for an immediate follow-up email to complete the survey.*
*Any communication about this job will come to you via email@example.com. Please add to your contacts and open all emails from this email domain.
The Director of Land Development is ultimately responsible for management of all land acquisitions within a production homebuilding company. The Director of Land Development reports directly to the CEO.
- Manage team of Market Development Managers responsible for acquisition of individual lots and land packages
- Manage reporting and performance via CRM data
- Oversee details of acquisition viability and approve all contracts
- Work with Data Specialist and Marketing Managers to generate acquisition opportunities
- Work with Finance Department to ensure continued progress to purchase closing, and manage terminations where there is no progress
- Review contracted land specs and pictures to approve for acquisition, including any budget or production variances
- Review and approve survey and utility specs prior to acquisition
- Manage land acquisitions department.
- Ensure employees have clear direction and goals.
- Coach and mentor employees.
- Ensure outcomes and deliverables are complete.
- Set policies and procedures as needed.
- Ensure organization is compliant and reduce financial risk.
- Promote company relationships with Market Development Managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong background in all aspects of land development
- Exceptional leadership and decision making skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office package and a CRM
- Prioritizes and implements process improvement opportunities
- Effective working relationships with others both within and outside of their team
Skills & Abilities
- Strong skill in analysis and problem solving
- Results oriented
- A self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented individual
- Organized with a systematic approach to tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with diverse personalities
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, and ethical
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work to successfully meet imposed deadlines
- Time Management Skill
Education & Experience
- Minimum 5 years in increasing scope of construction/operations responsibility
- Minimum 5 years in a leadership position
- Minimum of 5 years in land development