Ameritex Homes, DFW
All candidates MUST complete a culture index survey for your application to be reviewed. Please look for an immediate follow-up email to complete the survey.*
*Any communication about this job will come to you via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add to your contacts and open all emails from this email domain.
The purpose of the Staff Accountant is to support and maintain and update the information for the accounting department.
- Accounting Procedures
- Execute a Monthly Close of the General Ledger for customers. Maintain the close schedule and the scheduling of subsystem feeds.
- Make materiality decisions on close entries.
- Inform Controller when the monthly trial balance is ready for review.
- Prepare journal entries – including recurring entries --for Month End Close.
- Analyze, generate, and process inter-company entries needed to adjust or reallocate expenses between departments.
- Reconcile accounts and bank statements for management review.
- Standard chart of accounts for all business units; and neat and well-documented work papers -- prepaid and accrual -- to substantiate account balances.
- Assist Controller with various tasks as assigned
- Review or prepare ancillary schedules or footnotes for audit reports; and prepare tax schedules and forms
- Research Accounting and Customer Service Issues
- Research and resolve accounting transaction questions and other customer issues
- Resolve customer issues quickly; strive to satisfy customers. Minimize referrals to management
- Maintain Communication between Departments
- Fully coordinate and communicate actions between purchasing and accounting
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting principles and practices
- Highly proficient in various computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experienced in managing multiple projects
- Knowledge of business operations and key factors impacting business successes
- Prioritizes and implements process improvement opportunities.
- Technical expertise – applies up-to-date knowledge and skills needed to do the job.
- Expertise in GAAP, Excel and other PC applications required in the job
- Effective working relationships with others both within and outside of their team
- Provides products and services of the highest quality, sets quality standards
- Understands complementary, interdependent nature of work processes and defines one’s work within this context.
- Evaluating information to determine compliance with standards - using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving
- Excellent attention to details
- A self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented individual
- Organized with a systematic approach to tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with diverse personalities
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, and ethical
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Considering potential actions and choosing the most appropriate one
- Managing one's own time and the time of others
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience