Vice President of Homebuilding Operations
All candidates MUST complete a culture index survey for your application to be reviewed. Please look for an immediate follow-up email to complete the survey.*
*Any communication about this job will come to you via email@example.com. Please add to your contacts and open all emails from this email domain.
The VP of Operations is ultimately responsible for management of all construction, purchasing and customer service efforts Statewide within a production homebuilding company. The VP of Operations reports directly to the CEO. This role requires a minimum of 10 years in production homebuilding.
- Define, implement and continuously improve operational core competencies and processes with a focus on operational success and customer satisfaction.
- Provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence.
- Develop, monitor, and manage the firm’s budget versus actual results.
- Meets and exceeds the performance metrics, operational and financial set out in the annual budget for the Operations group.
- Lead, manage, and hold the management team accountable for achieving agreed upon commitments.
- Ensure procedures, and processes are consistent across the organization and everyone is working toward a common vision.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures.
- Promote collaboration with all other functional areas of the business
- Manage subordinate management team including optimizing core competencies and skill sets.
- Direct and monitor the development and implementation of short- and long-term operations plans and strategies.
- Provide advice, guidance and strategic direction to the Operations management team and other management personnel.
- Assist with the development and execution of annual business plan, while looking for new ways to improve operations.
- Ensure critical participation in proposal development and oversees strategies or tactics to drive cost and product performance goals.
- Understand and apply disciplined root cause analysis and conduct detailed monthly operations reviews that are dependent on key metrics to ensure fast, steady progress in operations performance and improvements.
- Develop and manage annual departmental budgets. Manage all operational departments to ensure effective and metric driven performance under established processes.
- Promote collaboration with all other functional areas of the business.
- Manage operations department including construction, purchasing and permitting.
- Ensure employees have clear direction and goals.
- Coach and mentor employees.
- Ensure outcomes and deliverables are complete.
- Set policies and procedures as needed.
- Ensure organization is compliant and reduce financial risk.
- Promote company relationships with homebuilders.
- Promote job safety and encourage safe working practices with all employees and trade contractors.
- A good listener and able to be helpful in conflict resolutions between employees, other trade contractors, material suppliers and any other agencies should it be required.
- Involvement on managerial oversight of homes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven track record with an emphasis on operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Strong background in all aspects of operations
- Exceptional leadership and decision making skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office package and IHMS/ITK
- Prioritizes and implements process improvement opportunities
- Effective working relationships with others both within and outside of their team
Skills & Abilities
- Strong skill in analysis and problem solving
- Results oriented
- A self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented individual
- Organized with a systematic approach to tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with diverse personalities
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, and ethical
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work to successfully meet imposed deadlines
- Time Management Skill
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Required
- Minimum 10 years in increasing scope of operations responsibility
- Minimum 10 years in a leadership position
- Minimum of 10 years in production homebuilding